Professor Chandana Perera
Dean, Faculty of Business
- Amararachchi, J. L., and Perera H.S.C. and Pulasinghe, K. (2014), Towards Knowledge Management for Healthcare: Effects of Latest Medical Information for the Quality of Healthcare in the Developing Countries: A Case Study, Journal of Biomedical Engineering and Medical Imaging,1 ,(2) pp.1-17
- Amararachchi, J.L., Pulasinghe, K. and Perera H.S.C. (2013) Knowledge Management for Effective Clinical Diagnosis in Developing Countries, Journal of Information Technology Review, 4 (2), pp.51-59
- Silva, S.K.P.N., Perera, H.S.C. and Samarasinghe, G.D. (2012), Viability of Lean Manufacturing Tools and Techniques in the Apparel Industry in Sri Lanka, Applied Mechanics and Materials Vols. 110-116, pp 4013-4022
- Perera, C. and Kulasooriya, D.M.A. (2011), Lean Manufacturing: A Case Study of a Sri Lankan Manufacturing Organization, South Asian Journal of Management, 18 (1), pp. 149-159.
- Perera, H.S.C., Perera, P.S.T. and Gunawardane, M.K.S. (2011), Impact of Business Process Reengineering and Customization on Success of Enterprise Resource Planning Implementation, The Proceedings 8th International Conference on Business Management, pp 644-649
- Perera, H.S.C., (2010), Employees’ Perception on Teleworking in Sri Lankan Software Industry, Prabandhan – Indian Journal of Management, 3 (2), pp. 39-46.
- Rathnayake, V., Lanarolle, G., Perera, C. and Marsh, J. (2009), Cellular Manufacturing Model to Reduce WIP fluctuation in Garment Manufacturing, International Journal of Six Sigma and Competitive Advantage, 5 (4), pp. 340-358.
- Perera, H.S.C. (2009), Evaluation Model for Selection of Advanced Manufacturing Technologies, Engineer, Journal of Institution of Engineers, Sri Lanka, Vol. XXXXII, No.02, pp. 47 -57.
- Perera, H.S.C. (2009), Manufacturing Strategy and Improvement Activities of Sri Lankan Furniture Manufacturers,
- Perera, H.S.C. and Cost W.K.R. (2008), Analytic Hierarchy Process for Selection of ERP Software for Manufacturing, Vision – The Journal of Business Perspective, Vol. 12, No. 04, pp. 1-10.
Mr. Kingsley Bernard D.T.
- NAFTA and Sri Lanka’s Economy. Paper read at the Seminar organized by the Federation of Exporters Association of Sri Lanka on “Sri Lanka’s Export Strategy in a Changing World” November 1992. Published in “Expo News” December 1993 (Sri Lanka Export Development Board Publication).
- Charting a Course for Booming Trade Growth. Published in “Asian Trade Promotion Bulletin” (A publication of Asian Trade Promotion Forum” January 1993).
- International Market for Products and Services of Sri Lanka. Paper read at National Workshop on Identification, Formulation, Appraisal and Financing of Export Oriented Projects in April 1993.
- Adjusting the European Union’s (EU) ISO 9000 Quality Management System (QMS): The impact on the Exports of Sri Lanka to EU. Published in the “Economic Review” (A People’s Bank of Sri Lanka Publication) February 1994.
- North American Free Trade Association and its implication on Sri Lanka’s Rubber Exports. Paper read at the Seminar on Rubber Global Trade Development, Colombo May 1994. Prospects for Trade in Sri Lanka. Published in “Asian Trade Promotion Bulletin , May 1994
- International Marketing Environment in Sri Lanka Future Challenges for Environmental Fit. Paper read at the Seminar organized by the Sri Lankan Agricultural Economics Associations (SAEA) Annual General Meeting, Colombo in June 1994.
- Some Facets of Export Development of Sri Lanka in the recent past. Published in the Newspaper Supplement to mark EXPO 94 in October 1994.
- Trade Promotion in the New Economic Environment: Post Uruguay Round. Published in “Asian Trade Promotion Bulletin” (A publication of Asian Trade Promotion Forum). January 1995.
- Importance of Developing and Promoting Industrial Products from Sri Lanka. Published in “Sri Lankan Exporter” a publication of Chamber of Exporters Association in July 1996 issue.
- Developing an Export Business- Marketing View Point. Published in “Hand Book for the Sri Lanka Exporters” by the Sri Lanka Export Development Board.
- An overview of the gift trade in Sri Lanka. Published in “Gift Buyer Europe” (a publication of Corn hill Publication Ltd., England), August 1995.
- SAFTA and beyond Let us compete while co-operating in the Indian Subcontinent. Seminar on SAARC Trade and Regional Co-operation, Jacaranda Hall, India Habitat Centre Lodi Road, New Delhi – 1 -2 April 1998.
- A Ceramic Industry of Sri Lanka its past, present and future. Paper read at the seminar in March1999 organized by Staffordshire-UK &British HC in Sri Lanka.
- Marketing of Innovative Products. Paper presented at the Annual session of the Institute of Engineers, 2001.
- Challenges and opportunities for the Marketers. Paper presented at the seminar organized by the MBA Alumni Association of the University of Colombo, 2003.
- Public /Private sector partnership in dev. SME. Paper read at the annual sessions of Economic Association of Sri Lanka – 2004 and published.
Dr. Theekshana Suraweera
Senior Lecturer (Higher Grade)
- Cragg, P., Mills, A. and Suraweera, T. (2013) The Influence of IT Management Sophistication and IT Support on IT Success in Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises. Journal of Small Business Management http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/jsbm.12001. (Journal Article).
- Suraweera, T., Sumanadasa, S and Abeyarathne, W.S.P. (2010), Knowledge Adoption in Industrial Craftsmen: Case of Eye Accident Victims, International Journal of Technology: Knowledge and Society.
- Suraweera, T., et al. (2010), Change Management in the context of IT project Implementations, Published at International Research Conference, Faculty of Management & Finance, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Suraweera, T., et al. (2009), Developing and Organizational Readiness framework for ERP Implementations, Published at International Research Conference, Faculty of Management & Finance, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Suraweera, T., et al. (2009), Knowledge Adoption in Industrial Craftsmen: Case of Eye Accident Victims, Published at International Research Conference, Faculty of Management & Finance, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Knowledge Management Implications in Sri Lankan ERP Implementation Projects ERP Implementation Process: Forth International Conference on Information and Automation for Sustainability -2008, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Suraweera, T., et al. (2008), Knowledge Management Implications in Sri Lankan ERP Implementation Projects ERP Implementation Process: Forth International Conference on Information and Automation for Sustainability -2008, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Suraweera, T., et al. (2008) ERP Implementation Process: What is the Right Way? Proceedings of the 26th national Information technology Conference – 2008, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Suraweera, T., Pulakamam, V. M Guler, O. (2006) -2006 Conference, Bangalore, India.
- Suraweera, T., Pulakamam, V. (2006) Implementing IT projects in SMEs without Surprise, PMINZ -2006 Conference, Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Suraweera, T., Cragg, P., Milles, A. (2005) Definition and Measurement of IT Management Sophistication in Small Firms, ACIS-2005 Conference, Sydney, Australia.
- Suraweera, T., Cragg, P., Milles, A., Todorova, N., (2004) Towards an Information Systems Excellence Model, ACIS 2004 Conference, Tasmania, Australia.
- Suraweera, T., Cragg, P., Milles, A. (2004) Towards the Definition of IT Management Sophistication in Small Business ICEB-2004 Conference, Beijing, China.
- Suraweera, T. (2004) IT Management Sophistication in Small Business: Its definition, measurement and relationship to IT impact. University of Canterbury / PhD Thesis, New Zealand.
- Cragg, P., Suraweera, T. (2002) Management Support and External Support in Internet, ICEB-2002 Conference, Beijing, China.
- Cragg, P., Suraweera, T. (1999) IT Management Practices in Small Firms, BIT-1999 Conference, Manchester, UK.
- Suraweera, T., Dissanayake, S., (1993) Turn Around Strategy – A Case Study in Leadership Style, PIM Management Conference, Sri Lanka.
- Suraweera, T. (1991), Relationship between Data Processing Managers and other Line Managers, University of Sri Jayewardenepura / MBA Thesis, Sri Lanka.
- Suraweera, T. (1994), Smallholder and Estate Sector Rubber Plantation Systems, University of Reading / MSc Thesis, UK.
- Book Chapters:
- Suraweera, T., Cragg, P., (2005) IT management Practices in Small Firms, Encyclopaedia of Multimedia Technology and Networking, Ed. Paganai, M.) Idea Group, USA.
- Other Publications (Sinhala):” gQyhkOrtn`Vn\@n” (2007) (Sinhala Adoptation of “ Who moved my cheese” by Dr.S.Ponsor Johnson) Godage Publications ,Maradana
Dr. Sharmini Perera
- D.A.S.Perera, V.G.R. Chandran, D.A.C.Silva & K. Chinna.(2014) “Tourist expectation and perception of visiting a heritage site: The case of Sigiriya” Journal Institutions and Economies.
- D.A.S.Perera, V.G.R. Chandran & D.A.C.Silva, (2013) “Tourist Motivation to Visit a Heritage Site: The Case of Sigiriya” International Conference on Hospitality and Tourism Management (ICOHT).
- D.A.S.Perera, L. Peiris, L. Wijewardene & D.Y.Gun Fie, (2014)“Taking Control Over Word of Mouth Marketing: An Effective Marketing Strategy” 2nd International Conference on Marketing (ICOM).
- D.A.S.Perera, V.G.R. Chandran, D.A.C.Silva & K. Chinna. “Conceptualizing towards motivation, satisfaction and loyalty at a heritage destination site”.
- Samarasekara, E., & Perera, D. A.S. (2014). Stress and Burnout among Attorneys-at-Law in Sri Lanka.
- Perera, D. A. S. & Udari, I. (2015). Effect of Employee Motivation on Job Satisfaction at a BPO.
Dr. Ochini Madanayake
- Critical factors for the adoption and use of groupware technologies in organizations in Sri-Lanka (2004)
- Managerial roles in top management support for information technology and systems projects (2014)
Academic Conference papers
- Madanayake, O., Gibson, P. (2015). A Framework for Measuring Top Management Support in Information Systems Projects. IEEE International Conference on Computer Science & Education. Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge University, England
- Madanayake, O., Gibson, P. (2014). Taking the mystery out of the concept of top management support: The context of information technology projects. Cambridge Business & Economics Conference. University of Cambridge. Cambridge. England
- Madanayake, O., Gibson, P. (2013). An investigation into the concept of top management support in information technology projects: A managerial role perspective. Australian Institute of Project Managers (AIPM).National Conference. Perth. Australia
- Madanayake, O., et al. (2009). What we need: project managers’ evaluation of top management actions required for software development projects. European Conference on Information Systems. Verona. Italy. In ECIS (pp. 1247-1258).
- Madanayake, O., et al. (2009). Work that relationship: Investigating top management support via top and project manager relationships in software development projects. Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems. Hyderabad. India. Paper 66
- Madanayake, O. et al., (2003). Critical Factors for the adoption of groupware technologies in organisations in Sri Lanka. Paper presented at the Research for Industry, 9th Annual Symposium University of Moratuwa.
- Madanayake, O., et al. (2002). Business Process RE-Engineering with IT as a tool. Paper presented at the Research for Industry, 8th Annual Symposium University of Moratuwa.
Dr. P.D. Nimal
- Perera K L U D, Nimal P D, (2015), Information Content of Insider Trading: Evidence from Colombo Stock Exchange, Asian Journal of Management Research, Vol. 5(4), pp 570-582.
- Edirisinghe U C, Nimal P D, (2015), Stock Price Reaction to Announcement of Right Issues and Debenture Issues: Evidence from Colombo Stock Exchange, International Journal of Business and Social Research, Vol. 5(2), pp 67-77.
- Fernando J M R, Nimal P D, (2014), Does Risk Management Affect on Bank Efficiency? An Analysis of Sri Lankan Banking Sector, International Journal of Management and Sustainability, Vol. 3(2), pp 97-110.
- Anuradha P A N S, Nimal P D, (2014), Revisiting the Momentum in Stock Returns: Evidence from the Colombo Stock Exchange in Sri Lanka, Colombo Journal of Multi-Disciplinary Research, Vol. 1, pp 27-45.
- Fernando J M R, Nimal P D, (2013), Does Ownership and Size Influence Bank Efficiency? Evidence from Sri Lankan Banking Sector, Ruhuna Journal of Management and Finance, Vol. 1, pp 83-92.
- Nimal P D, Fernando S, (2013), The Conditional Relation Between Beta and Returns; Evidence from Japan and Sri Lanka, The Hikone Ronso, No. 395, pp 94-105.
- Fernando S, Nimal P D, (2013), Conflicting Effects of Market Volatility on the Power of Two-Pass OLS Test of the CAPM; A Simulation Analysis, Kelaniya Journal of Management, Vol. 2, pp 18-38.
- Nimal P D, Jinghui Dong, Minoru Yoshida, and Yoshio Iihara, 2004, An Efficient Algorithm for Binomial Option Pricing, Journal of Japan Society of Business Mathematics, Vol. 26, pp 105-116.
- Nimal P D, 2006, “The Conditional Relation between Beta and Returns: Evidence from Japan”, The Hikone Ronso, No. 357, pp 195-214.
- Nimal P D, “Relationship between Stock Returns and Selected Fundamental Variables: Evidence from Sri Lanka, Sri Lankan Journal of Management, July-September, 1997, pp. 268-287.
- Abeysekara A, Nimal P D, (2014), The Impact of the Financial Sector on Asset Pricing Tests: Evidence from the Colombo Stock Exchange, Published in the Proceedings of the 5th Annual International Research Conference on Management and Finance, University of Colombo.
- Perera K L U D, Nimal P D, (2014), Information Content of Insider Trading Volumes in Colombo Stock Exchange, published in the Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Business Management (ICBM).
- Perera K L U D, Nimal P D, (2014) Information Content of Insider Trading: Evidence from the Colombo Stock Exchange, published in the Proceedings of the Peradeniya University International Research Sessions, pp 50.
- Anuradha P A N S, Nimal P D, (2013), Momentum in Stock Returns: Evidence from Sri Lanka, published in the Proceedings of the Annual Research Symposium, University of Colombo, pp 75.
- Fernando S, Nimal P D, (2010), The Conditional Relation between Beta and Return: Evidence from Japan and Sri Lanka, published in the Proceedings of the 5th Annual International Research Conference on Management and Finance, University of Colombo.
- Fernando S, Nimal P D, (2009), The Power of Two-Pass OLS Test of the CAPM: Simulation Analysis of the Colombo Stock Exchange, published in the Proceedings of the 4th Annual International Research Conference on Management and Finance, University of Colombo.
- Seneviratna S M C, Nimal P D, (2009), Size and Book to Market factors in Explaining Equity Returns and Earnings: Evidence from Sri Lanka, published in the Proceedings of the 4th Annual International Research Conference on Management and Finance, University of Colombo.
- Nimal P D, Horimoto S, (2004), The Characteristics of Stock Returns:
Evidence from TSE 1st Section, Association of Corporate Finance, Meiji University, Tokyo.
- Nimal P D, Horimoto S, (2005), The Conditional Relation between Beta and Returns: Evidence from Japan, Association of Corporate Finance, Kobe University.
Ms. Maliendra Gunawardena
- “Family support on Entrepreneurs: A case study of cane industry” Published and presented at the 3rd Symposium on Applied Science, Business and Industrial Research (ASBIRES 2011), on 6th April 2011, organized by the Faculty of Applied Sciences of the Wayamba University of Sri Lanka
- “Critical Success Factors Lead to Competitive Advantage for Supermarket Chains in Sri Lanka” published and presented at the 1st National Conference on Technology and Management (NCTM 2012), 27th January 2012, organized by the Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology
- “Predictability of Stock Returns Using Financial Ratios Empirical Evidence from Colombo Stock Exchange”, Gunawardena, M.M.D., Peiris, H.R.I., Wijesundera, A.A.V.I., Weerasinghe, D.A.S. and Krishna, T.P.C.R. presented at International Conference on Business & Information 2015
Ms. Mano Weligodapola
- Niluka, R., Sulaiman, S., Samarawickrama, P., Perera, I., Thelijjagoda, S., and Weligodapola, M. (2013) “Falcon Finder; a mobile tour guide” International Conference of Global Business Management, E-commerce and IT, International Centre for Research and Development (ICRD).
- Thelijjagoda, S., Weligodapola, M., Hasarali, R., Mayadunne, I., Weerakoon, U. and Samarasinghe, L. (2012) “Evaluating the Efectiveness of Process Automation in the Sri Lankan Textile Manufacturing Industry”, 1st National Conference on Technology and Management, 2012.
- Weligodapola, M. and Bandara, K.M.N.S. (2012) “A Study on the Relationship between Labour Productivity and Motivation; With Special Reference to Hidramani Group of Companies”, 1st National Conference on Technology and Management.
- Wijesiriwardana, H, AmarasekaraP.A.Y.L.,AmarasekaraP.D.G.A, SilvaM.K. , RafeekF.M. andMWeligodapola, M. (2011) “A study on the ‘Ganna Ape De’ Concept on personal care items with special reference to its impact on Multinational Companies” ,Terengganu, Malaysia.
- Weligodapola, M. , Pinto, L and Kariyapperuma N (2010) “The role of IT on the academics in Sustainable development in Sri Lanka in terms of Innovations and Creativity”, Third International Symposium, Sabaragamuwa University, Belihuloya.
- Weligodapola, M. , (2008) “Gender based digital divide in labour market in Sri Lanka”, International Conference on Social Sciences Sri Lanka, University of Kelaniya.
Ms. Chathurika Senevirathna
- Paper on “Common English Errors Found in the Writing of Thai Undergraduates: An Analysis from the Perspective of an EFL (English as a Foreign Language) Practitioner
Presented at International Conference; “Multidisciplinary Research for the Achievement of Excellence in Higher Education & Industry” (MRAEHEI)-2015, India. (ISBN-978-93-85304-48-4)
- Paper on “Analysis of Common English errors found in the writing of the first year students at the Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology” Presented at International SLELTA Conference-2012, Colombo.
- Paper on ‘Use of PPT in large class to enhance reading comprehension of ESL learners’ at the National Conference on General Linguistics 2013
- Paper on “Why do students register for the Certificate Course in English”, Presented at Research Symposium-2007, University of Kelaniya.
- A collaborative translation on “Education” (2002) – (Department of Linguistics, University of Kelaniya)
- “Traditional Communicative Methods in Some Villages” (Department of Mass Communication-University of Kelaniya) 2002/03
- Role of English as a foreign language in Thailand’. ( Project in Thailand as a participant observant) 2014
Ms. Lilanka Panditha
- POSSIBILITIES FOR THE USE OF MOBILE PHONES AND MORE-THAN-VOICE SERVICES TO IMPROVE THE ECONOMIC STATUS OF FEMALE-HEADED HOUSEHOLDS AT THE BOP
Stable short-form URL for this paper:
Harsha de Silva, Lead Economist; Project Director, LIRNEasia
Koliya Pulasinghe, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology (SLIIT)
Lilanka Panditha , Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology (SLIIT)
Ms. Rangika Peiris
- Peiris H. R. I., P. Jayasinghe, Determinants of Interest rate: The case of Sri Lanka, Sri Lankan Journal of Business Economics, volume 05 (Forthcoming), University of Sri Jayawardenapura, Sri Lanka,
Ms. Chathurini Kumarapperuma
- Suraweera, T., Kumarapperuma, C. U., Wijayasinghe, P.M.T., Jayathilaka, Y.C.P., Madushani, P.L.B. and De Silva, G.H.K. (2010) “Change Management in the Context of IT Implementations”, 5th International Research Conference for Management and Finance, 2010.
- Suraweera, T., Kumarapperuma, C. U., Wijayasinghe, P.M.T., Jayathilaka, Y.C.P., Madushani, P.L.B. and De Silva, G.H.K. (2010) “Change Management in the Context of ERP Implementations”, 1st Research Symposium, UvaWellassa University Sri Lanka.
Ms. Chalani Kuruppu
- Chalani Kuruppu, “Service Quality Gaps in Private Higher Education”, Annual Research Symposium, University of Colombo, October, 2015, pp. 32,
Ms. Udanee Samarasinghe
- Samarasinghe H.M.U.S.R, (2016) .Analysis of Organizing Function and Managerial Practices–A case study in a Higher Educational Institute in Sri Lanka.International Journal Of Science And Research , 6(3).
- Samarasinghe U, (2013)” In Search of Hidden Facts Inside the Supply Chain of Vegetables & Fruits: Revealing Unsolved Problems, In Search of Simulative Strategies: An Analysis of Sri Lankan Vegetable & Fruit Supply Chain”, YBTER (Young Business Technology & Entrepreneurial Researchers) Congress Proceedings, ISBN 978-955- 0947-01-0, P. 04-20, University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka.
- Koddipili, G, Jayawickrama M.T.N., Yugandari W.D.Y, Pamudini, S.H.,Samarasinghe H.M.U.S.R,(2015) The Influence of Social Media Marketing on Customer Loyalty towards Clothing Stores, 5 th National Conference on Technology and Management 2016(7) ,59-68.
- Samarasinghe U, (2013)” Factors Affecting to Social Media Adoption and Its Effect on Undergraduate’s Academic Performance”, International Student Conference on Business and Information, University Of Kelaniya.
Mr. Ranitha Weerarathna
- Weerarathna R.S., and Pintoe K.A.C. (2016). An Exploratory Study on the Experience Requirements of Key HR Jobs in Sri Lanka, International Organization of Scientific Research (IOSR) Journal of Business and Management (March.2016) (paper accepted and to be published in march issue 2016)
- Weerarathna, R.S (2014), The Relationship between Conflicts and Employee Performance, International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research , Volume 5, Issue5, ISSN 2229-5518, pp 1270-1277.
- Weerarathna, R.S and Geeganage , I. A. P. H (2014), The Relationship between Organisational Culture and Employee Performance: Case of Sri Lanka, International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research , Volume 5, Issue 8, ISSN 2229-5518, pp 985-990.
- Jayasuriya, N. A. (2016). Sri Lankan Consumer Attitudes towards Healthy Meals. Journal of Marketing and Consumer Research, 69 -79.
- Perera, C., Dayanga, S. L., & Jayasuriya, N. (2016). Factors Affecting Credit Card Debts: A Study. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), 1495 – 1504.